Do you know common safety issues at your office? OSHA lists the 5 most common workplace Hazards as the following:
- Safety: any type of substance, condition or object that can injure employees
- Chemical: exposure to chemicals and improper use of chemicals
- Biological: exposure to infectious materials such as blood, fungi, mold, viruses, and animal droppings
- Physical: radiation exposure, extreme heat or cold etc.
- Ergonomic: work activities that cause harmful strain on the body
These are common issues that can occur in the workplace some easier than others to remedy. It is important to have a plan in place for workplace hazards such as these and for emergencies. Records show that as many as 50% of businesses close down following a disaster.
We are also available to schedule a free Emergency Response Plan for your company to better prepare for potential emergencies. This is a plan that can be shared with all company leaders and comes in handy when emergencies occur.